Events in 2021
- Jan. 1: Prof. Barba begins her three-year term as Editor-in-Chief of Computing in Science and Engineering, a technical magazine of the IEEE Computer Society.
- Feb. 16: Natalia Clementi's PhD thesis defense. Passed with flying colors!
- May 3: MolSSI Spring Science and Software Advisory Board meeting, SSAB (virtual)—L Barba, member of the SSAB
- May 19: IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium, IPDPS 2021 (virtual)—L Barba, keynote speaker // video
- July 7: Launch of the Chilean Women in AI Association (virtual), hosted by the US Embassy in Santiago and ONR Global—L Barba, invited panelist // video
Featured on Twitter
PhD Thesis Defense ✅
— Naty Clementi (@ncclementi) February 16, 2021
— Lorena Barba (@LorenaABarba) May 20, 2021
I will be one of four invited panelists in this launch event for the Chilean Association of Women in AI.
Chile has published its draft AI Strategy, which highlights the gender gap in the field, bias in data and models, and the goal of redressing this nationally. https://t.co/6zPJe4SBDJ
— Lorena Barba (@LorenaABarba) July 6, 2021