New toys for the lab
Barba-group PhD student Gilbert Forsyth rearranging the GPUs inside his workstation. He built the machine from parts, while the rest of us just looked on, scratching our heads.
Here's the parts list for Gilbert's machine:
- The case is a N WIN GRone White 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Full Tower
- The CPU is Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011-v3
- CPU fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe LGA 2011-v3
- RAM G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4-19200) Desktop Memory Model F4-2400C15Q-32GRR
- PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD Certified 1300W
- SSD: SAMSUNG 850 EVO-Series 250GB
- Raid drives: WD Black Series WD1003FZEX 1TB 7200RPM
And he also got a noisy keyboard, the ADESSO MKB-135B Black USB mechanical.
And on Twitter
Barba-group students love to take things apart to put them back together again #GPUs @gilforsyth @GPUComputing pic.twitter.com/cdC2iwfPfs
— Lorena Barba (@LorenaABarba) April 29, 2015