Rio Yokota at BU
Rio Yokota came to work with Prof. Barba as a postdoctoral researcher on January 2009. He was initially based in Bristol, UK, funded by Barba's EPSRC grant and then moved to Prof. Barba's Boston group to continue his postdoc there. In September 2011, he became a research scientist at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, KAUST, under the supervision of Prof. David Keyes in the Extreme Computing Research Center.
In 2015, Rio Yokota became an Associate Professor at the Global Scientific Information and Computing Center of the Tokyo Institute of Technology.
- "PetRBF—A parallel O(N) algorithm for radial basis function interpolation", Rio Yokota, L. A. Barba, Matthew G. Knepley. Comput. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng., 199(25–28):1793–1804 (May 2010). 10.1016/j.cma.2010.02.008 // Preprint arXiv:0909.5413
- "Treecode and fast multipole method for N-body simulation with CUDA", Rio Yokota, L. A. Barba. (2011). 10.1016/B978-0-12-384988-5.00009-7 // Preprint arXiv:1010.1482
Ch. 9 in GPU Computing Gems Emerald Edition, Wen-mei Hwu, ed.; Morgan Kaufmann/Elsevier (2011) pp. 113–132. ISBN: 978-0-12-384988-5
- "Comparing the treecode with FMM on GPUs for vortex particle simulations of a leapfrogging vortex ring", Rio Yokota, L. A. Barba. Computers & Fluids, 45(1):155–161 (June 2011). 10.1016/j.compfluid.2010.11.029
- "Biomolecular electrostatics using a fast multipole BEM on up to 512 GPUs and a billion unknowns", Rio Yokota, J. P. Bardhan, M. G. Knepley, L. A. Barba, T. Hamada. Comput. Phys. Commun., 182(6):1271–1283 (June 2011). 10.1016/j.cpc.2011.02.013 // Preprint arXiv:1007.4591
- "ExaFMM: An open source library for Fast Multipole Methods aimed towards Exascale systems", L. A. Barba, Rio Yokota. (31 May 2012). 10.6084/m9.figshare.92166
Poster, published on figshare under CC-BY
- "A tuned and scalable fast multipole method as a preeminent algorithm for exascale systems", Rio Yokota, L. A. Barba. Int. J. High-Perf. Comput., 26(4):337–346 (November 2012). 10.1177/1094342011429952 // Preprint arXiv:1106.2176 // Journal website
Published online 24 Jan. 2012
- "Hierarchical N-body simulations with auto-tuning for heterogeneous systems", Rio Yokota, L. A. Barba. Computing in Science and Engineering (CiSE), 14(3):30–39 (May/June 2012). 10.1109/MCSE.2012.1 // Preprint arXiv:1108.5815
IEEE Computer Society (online 3 Jan. 2012)