Lorena A. Barba, Associate Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, School of Engineering and Applied Science, the George Washington University, Washington, DC.
PhD, California Institute of Technology
PhD students at GW
- Tingyu Wang, BSc Beihang University, China (2012); MSc University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (2014)
- Pi-Yueh Chuang, BS National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan (2008); MS National Taiwan University (2012)
- Natalia Clementi, Licenciatura (Physics), Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Argentina (2013)
- Gilbert Forsyth, BA Oberlin College (2006), MSc Mechanical Engineering, Boston University (2014)
- Olivier Mesnard, MSc (2011) Mech. Eng., Ecole Supérieur de Mécanique SUPMECA, Paris; MSc (2012) Mechanical Engineering, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris
- Jaydeep Bardhan, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northeastern University
- Cris Cecka, Research Scientist at the Institute for Applied Computational Science, Harvard University (until Dec. 2014); now at NVIDIA Research.
- Tsuyoshi Hamada, Nagasaki University Advanced Computing Center (NACC), Japan
- Hans Johnston, Mathematics and Statistics Department, University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Matthew G Knepley, Computation Institute, University of Chicago
- Louis F Rossi, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Delaware
- Jake Socha, Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics, Virginia Tech
- Pavlos P. Vlachos, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University (previously at Virginia Tech)
Past group members
(Inverse chronological order)
- Christopher D. Cooper, graduate student at BU —PhD (2015), MSc (2012) Mechanical Engineering, Boston University. BSc, PEng (2009) Mechanical Engineering, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Valparaíso, Chile. After graduating, he became a faculty member at the Dept. of Mechanical Engineering at Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María (LinkedIn profile).
- Anush Krishnan, graduate student at BU —PhD (2015), BTech & MTech (2009) Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India. After his PhD, he became a Senior Software Engineer at Exa Corp. (LinkedIn profile).
- J. Brent Parham, graduate student at BU —MSc (Dec. 2013) in Mechanical Engineering, Boston University. BSc (2010) Aerospace Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Brent was a Lincoln Scholar at BU, and since January 2014 has return to his position as a staff scientist at the MIT Lincoln Laboratory (LinkedIn profile).
- Simon K. Layton, graduate student at BU —PhD (Sept. 2013) and MSc (2011) in Mechanical Engineering, Boston University. BSc (2008) Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Bristol, UK. Research intern at Nvidia, Summers 2011/2012. In September 2013, Simon became a DevTech Engineer at Nvidia, Inc., Santa Clara, CA (LinkedIn profile).
- Rio Yokota, postdoc (Feb. 2009–Sep. 2011) —PhD (2009) Mechanical Engineering, Keio University, Japan. In Sept. 2011, Rio became a Research Scientist at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, KAUST, working with Prof. David Keyes. In April 2015, he joined the faculty at Tokyo Institute of Technology (LinkedIn profile).
- Alejandro Pelaez, undergraduate researcher, UROP awardee Summer 2011, Boston University. After graduating, he became a software engineer at Kayak (LinkedIn profile).
- Felipe A Cruz, graduate student at University of Bristol —PhD (July 2011), University of Bristol, UK. MSc (2007) Ingeniería Informática (Computer Engineering), Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Valparaíso, Chile. Until July 2013, Felipe was a postdoc at Nagasaki Advanced Computing Center with Prof. Tsuyoshi Hamada. He went on to a position as lead researcher in Square Enix (the Japanese video game company). See his LinkedIn profile.